Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cavendish "Boy Racer"

Over this off-season my wife and I decided to cancel our cable, which meant canceling our TV service all together.  So, I decided to start reading more, comic books, magazines and Mark Cavendish's book Boy Racer: My Journey to Tour de France Record-Breaker.






Before I started reading this book, I was already a Mark Cavendish fan, hence my picking up the book in the first place.  I didn't know much of Mark Cavendish's past and start of racing.  I saw his first Tour de France, and I loved watching him sprint to the finish and still do.  This book made me feel a connection with him.

When Mark Cavendish first started seriously considering going pro, he was told he was too fat and would never be able to be in the pro peleton.  Well, I was told much of my childhood that I was too fat as well.  The difference between myself and Mark Cavendish is I decided to make that change without going pro first.

This is a great autobiography and a lot better than I expected it to be.  Mark Cavendish writes very well and seems to remember a lot about how he got where he is today.  This book made me respect him a lot more and enjoy his racing even more.  I recommend reading this book if you are a cycling fan; you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment